What is eCAADe?
eCAADe (Education and research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe) is a non-profit making association of institutions and individuals with a common interest in promoting good practice and sharing information in relation to the use of computers in research and education in architecture and related professions. eCAADe was founded in 1983.
What does eCAADe do?
The organisation has an annual conference and an annual workshop, which are hosted by different universities each year. The organisation initiated and manages the very successful CUMINCAD archive of research publications in the field of Computer Aided Architectural Design. This is a very valuable resource for researchers, educators and others in the field. The organisation also fosters and promotes the interchange of ideas, information and personnel between member organisations.
eCAADe also runs a Listserver for general communication and information interchange.
Why should I join eCAADe?
There are many advantages to being a member of eCAADe that include:
- Access to the comprehense archive of research papers on CAAD, through the CUMINCAD system, that is regularly updated and refreshed with new papers etc.
- Communication and interchange of ideas at an International level, with those working in the same area of research and education.
- The facility to form interest groups to work on collaborative projects and bid proposals.
- An annual conference with a rich mix of papers.
- An annual workshop with a variety of practical sessions.
- Large reduction on personal subscription to the International Journal of Architectural Computing
How do I contact the organisation or join?
Go here to access the eCAADe contact and membership details.